Classroom Aide - PK-Counts Program
Various positions open
Hours vary based on child/adult ratio. 5.5 hours daily. Follows school year calendar.
About the job
Does helping children to learn and grow bring you joy? Imagine getting to be a part of a child’s early years when they are growing and learning so much. If this sounds like a job you would fall in love with, we want to hear from you.
FCCA’s Pre-K Counts program is currently looking for a classroom aide. In this position, you will be responsible for partnering with the lead teacher to help our children grow and learn in our childcare facility. Children are typically 3-5 year old’s and are full of energy and eagerness to learn.
Includes, but not limited to:
• Adapting to the needs of all children in the classroom
• Building lasting relationships and connections with children and families
• Actively engaging with all children by getting down on their level and having fun
• Loving and enjoying all the children while in your care
• Maintain a clean and safe learning environment for the children; this includes cleaning responsibilities throughout the day
• Flexibility to understand every day will have its moments!
• Maintain a consistent daily routine, including mealtimes, physical play, rest time, and exploration of all things childcare!
• Encourage age-appropriate learning and experiences
• Report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect
• Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the position in order to offer children and parents consistency
• Physical requirements: Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
• Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pulling, pushing, grasping, hearing, talking, and repetitive motion are physical requirements of the position
• High School Diploma/GED
• Current clearances required:
• FBI, State Police, NSOR, PA Child ABUSE, and Mandated Reporter Clearances
• Physical and TB test
• Possess a teamwork mindset, strong communication skills, organization skills and problem-solving ability
• Ability to build rapport with children, families and peers
• Childcare discounts
• Paid time off
• Paid training hours
• Potential for advancement