Family Services Manager
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 Dependent on experience and qualifications
Mon-Fri plus occasional evenings and weekends.
About the job
Responsible for the development and implementation of procedures in accordance with the Family and Community Development and the Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment and Attendance (ERSEA) parts of the FCCA. Reports directly to the PK-Counts Director.
• Promotes and is committed to the FCCA Mission Statement.
• Promotes an atmosphere of open effective communication and constructive response to problems and changes.
• Using Family Partnership Agreements (FPA) and other appropriate information, develops and implements the written family and community partnerships plans.
• Promotes teamwork and the spirit of cooperation in the provision of health and social services to families.
• Ensures that families are linked into the ongoing local social service system.
- Ensures the implementation of family services, ensuring follow-up whenever it is appropriate and facilitates referrals to other agencies
- Updates and distributes a current Community Services Directory of local social service providers every two years.
• Manages the annual and ongoing recruitment of eligible children.
• Serves as the program's enrollment and eligibility officer, ensuring compliance with state guidelines.
- Presents the Enrollment Criteria to the FCCA BOD’s.
- Enters enrollment application data.
- Reviews and signs all applications to verify income and make determinations as to which applicants most closely match enrollment criteria.
- Ensures that current files are maintained containing all applications and income verifications and keeps a current waiting list.
- Maintains required enrollment by filling vacancies with eligible children according to the selection criteria within twenty (20) days.
- Responsible for Monthly PELICAN Reporting.
• Prepares and distributes a monthly report on average daily attendance.
• Prepares BOD reports as scheduled.
• Maintains other records necessary to document social services and parent involvement in the program.
• Promotes No Child is Left Alone.
• Participates in the development and implementation of other staff trainings related to the social service and parent involvement service areas.
• Promotes Parent, Family and Community Engagement in the program.
• Reviews and updates all agency Parent Handbooks annually and assures that copies are distributed in a timely manner.
• Works with the PK-Counts Director and other service area managers in preparing information, dates, times, and locations for Case Management Staffing (CMS) and facilitates meetings when possible.
• Meets with the PK-Counts Director to discuss developments in the program, evaluate program activities and set goals.
• Attends meetings, conferences, and training sessions as appropriate.
• Attends community meetings related to field such as LEARN.
• Fulfills other responsibilities as outlined in the work plans or assigned by the PK-Counts Director.
• Responsible for transition of children to our program from Early Head Start and from our program to Kindergarten.
• Plans & implements monthly family engagement activities.
Minimum qualifications include a BA degree in early childhood education, child development, public administration or social/human services and related job experience. At least 2 years of work experience preferred in management and administration, preferably in a team setting. In-depth knowledge of early childhood development issues, childcare administration and the needs of families and children is preferred. Competency with computer software and databases; excellent speaking and writing, training and presentation skills also required. A commitment to diversity, cultural relevancy and inclusion is required.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• An understanding of early learning and childcare issues.
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience developing programs and services for families.
• Experience working with income eligibility guidelines.
• Ability to communicate and actively participate in team meetings, committees and external community groups.
• Excellent listening skills with the ability to give and receive feedback.
• Proven ability to work in a team environment.
• Experience in/understanding of the provision of quality customer service.
• Knowledge of computer software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Pennsylvania State Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and access to a reliable automobile are required.
Health, vision, dental
Paid time off
Paid training hours