Maintenance/Facilities General Laborer
$20-$25 pr hr. Based on experience
Flexible pending tasks/workload, up to 29 hours per week. Additional hours will occasionally be required.
Meadville, Crawford County
About the job
We are on the hunt for a skilled and reliable general laborer to oversee and manage a wide range of repairs. These tasks include trade skills, maintenance work, upkeep and repair duties including maintaining green spaces, identifying the need for repairs, responding to maintenance requests, and servicing company equipment.
The ideal candidate is expected to be organized and have good time management skills as well as strong general repair skills.
Includes but not limited to:
• Perform maintenance jobs and light repairs of equipment, various machines, and appliances
• Identify, document and report maintenance and repair work
• Suggest additional repairs when identified and needed
• Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems
• Manage company work orders
• Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as walkways, lawns, and drives
• Perform various landscaping tasks and maintenance of properties and equipment
• Build/Assemble playground equipment, office furniture, etc.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar role
• Solid experience with plumbing and electrical systems preferred
• Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment
• Positive attitude and good communication skills
• Extremely organized with the ability to work under pressure
• Detail-oriented with an aptitude for problem solving
• Driver’s license
• Current clearances required:
FBI, State Police, NSOR, PA Child Abuse, and Mandated Reporter Clearances
• Physical and TB test
• Holidays, Weekends, Nights off
• Paid time off
• Childcare discounts
• Potential for advancement